I actually designed this as a type of healing spell for my husband, whose ADD is becoming problematic with his career.
- Lord and Lady
- Athena (wisdom)
- Mnemosyne (memory, mother of the Greek muses)
- Representation for the four quarters
- Pillar candle for Lord and Lady
- Votive candle for Athena
- Olive oil (about a teaspoon or so) and a shallow dish (big enough to set the votive in)
- A candle for Mnemosyne (I used a blue taper)
- Peppermint oil
- Athame (or tool of your choice - I chose my athame for the “sharpness” aspect)
- Blue cord or string (about 12 inches - wisdom)
- White cord or string (about 12 inches - clarity)
- An unfired bullet (best for it to be fairly large so it is easier to handle, but don’t go crazy - shotgun shells have a lot of plastic and are imprecise. Rifle rounds might be good if you have any.)
- Dried sage (I just used a few leaves, but a smudge bundle works too - does not need to burn long)
- Thin wire
- Wire cutters and needle-nosed pliers (or just the pliers if they have a wire cutter as well - many do)
- Cleanse and consecrate your space and materials (here is how I do it)
- Cast your circle, beginning in the east (I walked mine thrice)
- Beginning in the east (air = wisdom), call the quarters (I walked the circle with my elements)
- Invoke Lord and Lady (light their candle)
- Dress Athena’s candle with a few drops of olive oil. Pour a little olive oil into your shallow dish and set the candle directly into the oil.
- Invoke Athena - light her candle.
- Dress Mnemosyne’s candle in peppermint oil for focus and clarity (WARNING: peppermint oil can be irritating to the skin, avoid directly touching it - I used a dropper)
- Invoke Mnemosyne - light her candle.
- Clearly and concisely state your purpose (flowery language is not necessary; I said something to the effect of, “I do this work for my husband who is in need of greater mental focus, clarity, and memory, and an increased ability to access his wisdom.”)
- Ask your Helpers to bless and empower the bullet.
- Snip a length of wire about 8-12 inches long. Hold the wire at roughly the middle and wrap it in the groove just at the base of the bullet casing (the flat end, where the firing pin hits) and twist it to secure it. Pull tight. Wrap the wire down the bullet in a crisscross pattern (like you’re lacing up ballet shoes or lace-up sandals). Pull tight when you get to the rounded end, twist once, and go back up the same way. There should be a small loop where you first twisted the wire - feed one end through, and twist them together all the way, snipping off whatever is uneven. Loop that twisted stem you just made back down to the flat end of the bullet and twist it (may need pliers) so now you have a loop you can put the string through.
- Slide both strings through the loop you just made, tying a knot around the wire loop in the middle of the strings. Tie the ends together at the top and trim the ends.
- Carefully light your safe from any of your candles and let the talisman hang in the smoke like a pendulum. You should still be visualizing your intentions through all of this.
- When the sage burns out (or your arms get tired), set the sage aside in a safe container so you don’t burn the place down. Lay the talisman on your altar and ask again for blessings.
- Thank and release Helpers in the reverse order in which you called them (i.e., Mnemosyne, Athena, Lord and Lady, Earth, Water, Fire, Air).
- Open your circle with your chosen tool, and put the energy you collect into the bullet.
- The talisman should go wherever you feel it will do you the most good - like a study or work area.
Alternatively, if a bullet is just not feasible (not everyone is a gun-nut like me) you could use a sharp stone/crystal or small pocket knife. The item should work for you and make you think of precision and sharpness.
- a-personal-jab reblogged this from wiccan-workings
- sanctuaryforascrivener likes this
- wiccan-workings reblogged this from paganpandora
- the-darkest-of-lights reblogged this from paganpandora
- fractalcaster likes this
- fractalcaster reblogged this from paganpandora
- anagrammaton likes this
- arwenatabey likes this
- the-darkest-of-lights likes this
- more-magic-more-love reblogged this from paganpandora
- paganpandora posted this